2 weeks without work, and just some good family time. It was a bit odd not to blog, as I use it as a mental sieve. It was still one of the best breaks I’ve had in a very long time.
A few interesting bits to start the week, with some larger posts coming later.
- Wife got us an NES Classic. I picked up some wireless controllers right after, since the 3ft cables on a 50″ TV makes no sense. Whole family has had a turn at it. Old school controls make for some interesting frustrations.
- Family took a trip to see the Habs play vs the Canucks. First time the little ones got to see an NHL game, and I think the bar may be set a bit too high considering we live in Ottawa. We’ll do it again in the future, it was a super experience. There’s something about seeing things through a kid’s eyes that makes you appreciate things even more. Think my wife is going to convert to a Habs fan!
- My wife bought me some tickets to see the Habs vs Leafs in Feb with a friend. That’s a hell of a nice gift!
- Everyone was spoiled for the holidays. I really have a better appreciation for the family after this holiday break. Everyday seemed to be just great. Putting all the work aside and just living in the moment helped.
- I think we had 1 day off in 2 weeks, where there wasn’t a party, or hosting, or sleepovers, or just things. That day was spent watching Harry Potter movies. It felt good to not move.
- Outdoor rink is being used nearly every day where it’s not raining. Which seems to be every other day this year. Massive temperature swings are not fun.
- Picked up some things from the Steam sale: Celeste, Slay the Spire, FFX/X2, Frostpunk. All will get a post. Of them all, Celeste is the must buy.
- Saw Aquaman with the wife. Apparently Jason Momoa is good looking. So I’ve been told daily. Movie is better than expected. It’s rare that I take issue with the soundtrack, but it made little sense here. Felt like Indiana Jones meets Lord of the Rings. I will say that super hero movies continue to have horrible villains.
- Pulled my back on Jan 1st. Got a chest cold 2 days later. It’s been a rough few days.
So New Year starts and we’ll see where it goes. Hope everyone had as good a time as I did.