I have a head cold. It’s one of those annoying ones where my nose runs like a tap and I’m feeling like I’ve had 2 hours of sleep, but it’s not enough to keep me in bed. I’d prefer the flu, where you sleep it off and 24 hours later you’re back at it. This feels like it’s going to stick around a while… I guess I need some more gin.
I picked up the 45lbs weight plates the other day. I will say that those two plates are more intimidating than an assortment of smaller ones to make up the same weight. There’s something comical about a string of plates, compared to the solemness of just massive honkers of steel. I remember thinking on the first set “am I really doing this?”, which got better later on.
As I mentioned to Isey, playing hockey and working out is not going to plan. I am not a stay at home player, and I like to rush and move. After having lifted nearly 3 tons of weight, the body needs some rest and hockey is not that. I personally like progress and I’m at the point where I can no longer make progress in one without sacrificing in the other. I need to make some choices. I have about 3 more months of hockey mind you, so perhaps I can just delay for a bit.
I’ve also gone back to counting calories again. Not for the minute aspect but for the trends and meal planning. It also provides some evidence for the way the scale works and the way the training plays out. I’ve tried a few apps for this but right now, MyFitnessPal taking the prize. The app is straightforward and links to other things. All good stuff.
All that to say that I should be hitting my fitness goals by the May timeframe. Just in time for summer cottage/beer season.
Simply put, I seem to be burned out on games in general right now. I lack the free time to do much on the organized front, and I’ve played all the single player games I want to right now. The emulator is fun. Spending some time flirting with a few games here and there. StarTropics is done, but Kirby is up. Illusion of Gaia as well. I’d play the FF series but I’ve gone through them all numerous times.
Let’s go over the big names this past year.
- Overwatch – Not a PvP fan.
- XCOM2 – waiting for the LongMod, otherwise superb game
- Dark Soul 3 – played a few hours, ehh
- Doom – heard great things. Waiting for a sale
- Civ 6 – still trying to wrap my head around it. Load times and short play sessions don’t help
- The Witness – played, stomped my brain, loved it
- Dishonored 2 – still full of PC bugs, waiting on this one…
- Firewatch – on my wish list
- Stardew Valley – not a fan of simulators…maybe later
- Deus Ex 2 – Better than the first one. The missions are way better than the hubs.
- Witcher 3 – A great game hobbled by the worst combat controls I’ve played in a long time.
- The Division – I should go back now that the big patch is in…but end game is nearly all PvP.
- Grim Dawn – super ARPG, put in a lot of hours here.
- WoW Legion – I don’t have time to raid and my time expired with 4 max characters. LFG not including all dungeons still ticks me off. Never saw an artifact.
- Tyranny – played it, cleared it, may go back later.
Not much that I haven’t had a hand in, that I at least have an interest in. I’ll be honest, I’m not missing it terribly.