Gamespy has a quick article with guesses about the D3 expansion.
Here’s my list of what will be in it versus what should be in it.
- Act 5. As long as Act 3.
- Set in Mount Arreat again (or some other location we’ve seen before)
- Hunting for Adria
- New class – melee/casting hybrid. Likely the druid
- Level boost (10) and a few new skills per class
- New crafting mechanic that has some purpose. Rune-like enchants.
- New item art, serving no in-game purpose
What should be in:
- Randomized maps
- Mode that doesn’t allow AH and has ladder
- Companion quests
- A social voting system to catch botters/hackers.
Knowing who is running the show, I’m not holding my breath. D3 was certainly profitable but I doubt Blizz is calling it a success. The RMAH experiment was a success in practical terms. They now know how it works and how it interacts with the game. Clearly it was a “buy to win” mode since launch. The game also released about 6 months early, from the sheer amount of bugs in game at launch. A profitable lessons learned event. Can’t be mad about that I supose.